I love the bite of a crispy, toasty sourdough bread, with melted cheese and flavorful veggies to it. That’s why I made this veggie sandwich, my take on a “club sandwich”. It’s healthier as I’ve replaced the mayonnaise with red pesto instead, mushrooms as meat replacement and adding one more veggie to it; oven baked pumpkin. The flavors altogether are really good, such a nice combo! I hope you will enjoy my version of a club sandwich as much as I do, so let’s get to it!
• Sourdough bread
• Red pesto from https://www.helios.no
• Cheese (edamame or vegan)
• Garlic powder, oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pumpkin into slices and drizzle with oil before putting them in the oven on hot air at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour a little oil on a frying pan and fry the mushrooms with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper for approx. 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Cut two slices of bread and sprinkle with a little olive oil, when the mushrooms are cooked, place the slices on the frying pan and “toast” them until they get a slightly golden color.
- Then spread red pesto on top of the bread, put on avocado slices, and the rest of the ingredients and finally put the other slice of bread on top.
Enjoy a healthier, veggie sandwich for lunch guys:)
With love & care, Melanie x