I would never have thought that these gluten-free and healthy scones could have turned out so good! Thanks to the gluten-free flour mix from helios, making that possible. One is not enough when they have nuts, raisins and dark chocolate in them. The dough is not dry at all, and they taste great with nutbutter, chocolate spread or berry jam! It’s the perfect recipe to bake on a relaxing Sunday, and the time baking them won’t take you long. Can’t resist them can you? Let’s bake em!
• 550 g gluten-free mix from https://www.helios.no/produkter/glutenfritt/helios-lys-bakemiks/
• 2 dl lukewarm water
• 3 dl almond/oat milk or Andy other plant based milk you prefer
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 2 to 4 tbsp coconut sugar (the scones I baked, I used 2 tbsp, but if you prefer them sweeter, add more to your liking.)
• 1 tsp salt
• Add chopped walnuts and hazelnuts, dark chocolate chips and raisins. You decide the quantity! Ps: I did one dough with nuts and raisins, while the other one with dark chocolate chips added.
1. First add all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Then add the milk, water and oil, stir well. Afterwards knead the dough by hand and if too sticky to begin with, use a spoon or spatula.
3. Cover the dough with plastic wrap or kitchen towel for about 30 minutes. Don’t worry if it hasn’t risen, cause mine didn’t hehe.
4. Now you can add your chopped nuts, raisins and chocolate chips, at this stage it is easier to knead the dough. Shape it into two round pieces and cut almost through to 4 new pieces.
5. Bake in the oven on 220 degrees for 15 minutes. Make sure to watch over the baking time as it depends on the oven and size.
Happy baking everyone and hope you enjoy these guilt free, healthy scones!
With love & care, Melanie x