Let’s get into some snack bar goodness. Aaand feel the autumn vibes by the aroma and flavors it gives with credit from a beautiful superfood mix by yoursuperfoods. These are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, only doing you good! I often recognize when the hunger hits and you want to find a healthy snack around the corner, that it’s not easy to stay strong and you give in when all you can find is a sugary bar or you decide to starve yourself until you get home. No option is recommended.. That is why I’ve got you covered with these healthy snacks on the go when feeling hungry! Make them ahead and have one ready in a box in your bag when the need for a bar is there.
Say goodbye to unhealthy and sugary snacks, and say hello to healthy homemade fall inspired bars:)
- 1,5 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond flour (or any other kind if you don’t have it)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I used oat milk)
- 1,5 cup pumpkin purée *
- 3 tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg (if vegan make flax meal egg)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp mellow yellow superfood mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- *How to make pumpkin purée. Peel off the skin from the pumpkin and cut it into squares. Put the oven on 220 degrees and bake them on a baking tray for about 30-40 minutes. Cool them on a board before having it in a food processor. Blend well so it’s smooth without lumps! Tip for pumpkin purée left over is to have it as soup or baked oatmeal and pumpkin pie as examples.
- Add milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup/honey, melted coconut oil and egg to a bowl and then whisk to combine.
- Add the rest; oats, almond flour, chia seeds, yoursuper yellow mellow mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the oven for 180 degrees.
- Cool them before slicing into bars and then store in the refrigerator.
The bars are gooey and tasting even better the day after, so have the patience to wait if you can! A tip is to make them the evening before and leave the bars in the fridge overnight.
To get yoursuperfoods mix to make these pumpkin mellow yellow oat bars, use my code MELANIESTOKKE for a 15% off!
Hope these healthy bars will set an end to your hunger strikes and keep you fueled throughout the day.
With love & care, Melanie x