This salad is super easy to make and is so yummy, win win. Just toss some rinsed rucola in a bowl and mix it with oven baked sweet potatoes, lentils for protein, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts for crunch. It’s a perfect meal for lunch or a light dinner. Enjoy x
• 2 packets of rucola
• 1 box of lentils
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 1 red onion
• 35g or one handful of pine nuts
• 1 handful of sun dried tomatoes
• Olive oil
• Balsamic vinegar
• Lemon juice of half a lemon
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Put it on a tray with baking paper so you save yourself a clean up. Have the oven on 220 degrees and have them baked for around 30-45 minutes until soft. If you like, add some salt, pepper and chili flakes and don’t forget to drizzle some olive oil on top.
2. In a bowl, toss the rinsed rucola and lentils. Mix in the sun dried tomados and chop thinly slices of the red onion.
3. Once the sweet potatoes are finished baking, let them rest for some minutes before adding it to the bowl. Have some toasted pine nuts, simply heat a pan and toast them till they get golden brown.
4. And for dressing, juice of half a lemon, some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to your liking.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do,
With love and care, Melanie x