I mean, look at these beauties! They are super delicious and healthy, a win win! I was looking for a healthy treat after my operation for the sinuses and this was what came to my mind! I’m so happy with the result being my first try making them!
Here is my recipe of a healthy version of the carrot cake muffin:
250 ml of buckwheat flour
250 ml of rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/5 tsp cinnamon
1/5 tsp cardamom
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp flax meal + 5 tbsp water
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
250 ml oat milk
1 cup of shredded carrots
2 tbsp honey [if you want the muffins sweeter you can add 2tbsp more]
1 handful of chopped walnuts
1. Start making the flax meal by blending the flax seeds in a blender if you don’t have them grounded from before. Let the flax seeds soak in water for 10 minutes in the fridge. This is the vegan substitute for egg!
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together, make sure the oats are grounded so the batter has a smoother texture.
3. Blend the wet ingredients together with the dry and stir.
4. Add the carrots to your batter and the chopped walnuts. You can also add raisins if you want. Then distribute the batter in muffin tins.
5. Put the oven on 220 degrees Celsius and let the muffins bake first for 8 minutes, that will make them rise. After put it down to 180 degrees and the muffins should be ready by 12 minutes!
6. Let them cool down and enjoy!
Ps: they are gluten free and sugar free so everyone can enjoy them!
No need for sugar, I’m sweet enough!